1193 Initiates
49 The Order
livingangel84

Mallory Kellogg, Chubbygirlreads

"The only important thing in a book is the meaning that it has for you."

Review: Everything Borrowed, Nothing New

Not a Fan: Becoming a Completely Committed Follower of Jesus - Kyle Idleman

If you go to a decent church, this book is nothing original. They just put catchy terms to everything. Instead of what I call a "Sunday Christian", they call them fans. This book is mostly catchy terms and regurgitating old beliefs. As I read it, I was bored to tears because my pastor has preached this same stuff for years.

What really bothers me is that there are so many bad, rule-driven churches out there that a book like this is even needed. My church already preaches these principles, minus the work-driven Christian BS (that's another story). I wish people could find their answers in the only book that matters, The Bible. Not the flavor-of-the-moment Christian how-to.

Anyway, this was well written but just nothing new to me. Kinda what I figured when I went into it. Oh well.