1109 Initiates
49 The Order
livingangel84

Mallory Kellogg, Nerdalicious

"The only important thing in a book is the meaning that it has for you."

Not Quite the Classics
Colin Mochrie
Progress: 77/321 pages
Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Creatures of Habit
Jim Pascoe, Paul Lee
The Fires Beneath the Sea
Lydia Millet
Progress: 2 %

Review: Like a Lifetime Movie (when Lifetime was still cool)

Fearscape (Horrorscape, #1) - Nenia Campbell

This was definitely a classic Lifetime movie scenario. Stalkers and teenagers and drama. Initial reaction is it isn't bad, but it isn't for me. I don't like thrillers/suspenseful type books. Even my husband was surprised when I told him what I was reading. But Nenia is a friend, so I wanted to see what her writing was like.

And it isn't bad at all. It's just not my cup of tea. There were type-o's and wrong tenses, but being an indie author, I totally get that being your own editor or having a friend edit can end up not getting them all. So not a big deal. It only seriously bothers me when I see huge publishers mess up or see incredibly popular books full of eff-ups.

My biggest issue with the story boils down to parenting. The adults in this book fail this girl on every level. If you find out your daughter has a stalker, you act. If she is assaulted and begs you not to call the cops, you stop being a friend and start being a parent. Things like this have always annoyed me about some adults. I would be breaking down doors with a gun in my hand if anyone hurt my son. I'm a momma bear, that's for sure.

Anyway, with a bit of editing and some more world building, this would totally rock. So now my curiosity is quenched. :)

And I totally want a toyger.