1224 Initiates
50 The Order
livingangel84

Mallory Kellogg, Chubbygirlreads

"The only important thing in a book is the meaning that it has for you."

Series I Hate: part 1

Obsidian - Jennifer L. Armentrout City of Bones - Cassandra Clare Twilight / New Moon / Eclipse / Breaking Dawn - Stephanie Meyer Fifty Shades of Grey - E.L. James Hush, Hush - Becca Fitzpatrick Fallen - Lauren Kate

I'm going to make a few posts this week and next about books I can't stand.  So let's start with the basics.

part 1: Books with Abusive Male Romantic Leads

The Lux Series: This was Twilight with aliens. And the main man was a bipolar narcissus.

Anything Cassandra Clare: Every book I ever read by this woman involves a man that treats his lady like garbage and still gets the girl. I hate it. Plus her writing is derivitive and juvenile.

Twilight: Edward isn't so much abusive as he is stalker creepy. He knows everything Bells does. That's not healthy. Plus, Bella's whole life becomes dedicated to suicide and boning a vampire. Not a good role model.

50 Shades: Do I really have to explain this one? He practically rapes Anna, he buys the seats next to her on the plane so nobody can get near her, and he stalks the crap out of her.

Hush hush: Again, a Twilight rip-off. Patch is a soulless psycho. He only gets close to Nora to kill her. He's mean, cold and violent.

Fallen: I haven't given this book the time of day because the reviews from my trusted circle is so bad I won't even bother. A guy calls you names and is down right ugly to you, so you fall for him? What sense does that make?

To sum this up, I can't stand that young girls find these books romantic. They're terrible. And I think this sort of thing is exactly why there is such a high level of domestic violence in young couples. Because authors romanticize the abuse as men just not knowing how to express their love. It's bullshit, and it's not good for teens.