1109 Initiates
49 The Order
livingangel84

Mallory Kellogg, Nerdalicious

"The only important thing in a book is the meaning that it has for you."

The Devil in the Junior League
Jim Pascoe, Paul Lee
The Fires Beneath the Sea
Lydia Millet
Progress: 2 %

Reading progress update: I've read 0 out of 240 pages.

Happy, Happy, Happy: My Life and Legacy as the Duck Commander - Phil Robertson

Before I start reading this, I feel like I need to say something about Phil. (And you might be surprised what I say.)

I know all about the "Phil hates gays" scandal, but unlike a lot of people, I read his entire interview. Yes, he said he thinks being gay is a sin. No, he never said he hates gays. And he also went on to say we're all sinners and no sin is any greater than the others.

I like Phil Robertson. I love Si and Willie and Jep. Jase cracks me up. I watch their shows and own the trivia board game, a Duck Commander hoodie and several bracelets and accessories. Sue me. I love the Robertsons.

And I'm a member of the LGBTQ community. That's what walking in God's love really means: loving others despite their faults. I don't have to agree with everything someone says to still love them. There are so many other "Christians" that desperately need to learn that lesson.

Plus the Robertsons remind me so much of my own family. I used to hunt deer and squirrels, wear camo to school, and clean guns with my daddy. I can't help but smile when I look at these guys. They're my childhood put on TV.

Anyway, I felt like I'd say all this before someone jumped down my throat about these "bigots". I love them regardless. We're all entitled to our own opinions.