1140 Initiates
50 The Order
livingangel84

Mallory Kellogg, Chubbygirlreads

"The only important thing in a book is the meaning that it has for you."

Song of the Dark Crystal #2 (Jim Henson's The Dark Crystal)
J'son M. Lee, Cory Godbey
Progress: 78/272 pages
The Fires Beneath the Sea
Lydia Millet
Progress: 2 %

BBA WTF

As a rule, BBAs didn't seem to be as prominent back in the day before social media. But now with Facebook and Goodcensors and Booklikes, it seems authors run wild with bad behavior. Why is that?

It's the same reason internet bullying has developed. The internet has made everything more impersonal, so people have the balls to say things they would never say to someone's face. They think it's a harmless and funny to chase down people who didn't  like their books and digitally bully them (or send their minions to do it).

I wrote a book. I haven't bitched out someone that didn't want to read it. The first day it was listed, someone marked it "No Thanks". And I'm cool with that. Not everyone wants to read your shit. Or will like your shit. Suck it up, assholes. Stop being babies. You're only making yourself seem dumb. Especially when you venture to someone else's page/review/blog and tell them how they're wrong. It's funny how, generally, we reviewers that post negative reviews never go to POSITIVE reviews and bitch out those people. It's always the other way around.

Huh. Funny how that works.

Asshats.