1224 Initiates
50 The Order
livingangel84

Mallory Kellogg, Chubbygirlreads

"The only important thing in a book is the meaning that it has for you."

Day 26: Book That Changed Your Opinion of Something

Banished: Surviving My Years in the Westboro Baptist Church - Lauren Drain, Lisa Pulitzer

I've always been of the mind that the WBC is a collection of nuts (which it is), but after reading this I realized yes, the adults are nuts. But the children really don't know any better. They're indoctrinated, brainwashed from birth to think and say the things they do. They just don't know any better. I haven't ever once, even before reading this, harbored anger towards the children from WBC because I know they're just kids doing what they parents tell them. But now I feel deeply sorry for them all, preaching all that hate and not knowing the true love of God.

I went from hating them all to really pitying the kids. The adults are just a bunch of lawyers that want you to hit them so they can sue, but they kids are only doing what they've been taught over and over. Poor things. I'll pray for all these people.

That's right, WBC. A bisexual Air Force wife is praying for your salvation. (I wonder how many of them think I'll burst into flames. They hate LGBTQ and the military. LOL)