1109 Initiates
49 The Order
livingangel84

Mallory Kellogg, Nerdalicious

"The only important thing in a book is the meaning that it has for you."

The Devil in the Junior League
The Fires Beneath the Sea
Lydia Millet
Progress: 2 %

Day 24: Book You Wish More People Would Have Read

I'm Only Being Honest - Jeremy Kyle Random Acts of Badness: My Story - Danny Bonaduce

I'm Only Being Honest: I love Jeremy Kyle. I'm guilty of enjoying "talk" shows, although they tend to do more shouting and acting an ass than really speaking. But anyway, I discovered Jeremy not long after his show aired here in the States last year, and I loved his refusal to coddle people and pussfoot around their feelings. When I found out he had a book, I had to have it. And I loved it! But most other people didn't because "I thought this was an autobiography! But it isn't!" Dur!!!! Read the blurb! It's just Jeremy giving his opinion on a number of political/social problems plaguing his home country of Great Britain. Even I knew that without doing any research. So dumbasses gave this book negative marks because they were too stupid to realize what they were buying. But I digress. This book was a lot of fun, learning a little about my favorite British Blowhard's past, hearing him speak with such intelligent conviction on things that a lot of people are too scared to touch on. And I couldn't help but hear his voice in my head as I read it.

Random Acts of Badness: This is probably one of my favorite non-fiction books of all time. Danny Bonaduce is so self-deprecating I can't help but laugh at him. He punched a transvestite prostitute. That was twice his size. Hilarious. In a sad way. This book is just entertaining. Not much else to say. It isn't all about The Partridge Family like you would think. It's about everything, from the show to being homeless later, right down to his trips to rehab. He's a very intelligent man that loves to read. He just has coping problems and drinks like a fish. But we all have our vices. If you want something funny, I recommend this book.