1225 Initiates
50 The Order
livingangel84

Mallory Kellogg, Chubbygirlreads

"The only important thing in a book is the meaning that it has for you."

Reading progress update: I've read 13 out of 240 pages.

American Fire: Love, Arson, and Life in a Vanishing Land - Monica Hesse

I am super picky about my non-fiction reads. I read memoirs of my favorite celebrities or people I admire (Ron Perlman's Easy Street the Hard Way or any Betty White book). I will read books about people escaping religious cults because, I, as a Christian Wiccan (bet most people didn' know THAT existed) find organized religion very difficult. It can become damn near brainwashing. I enjoy seeing people get to where they can finally think for themselves.

And then I love love love books about crimes in the South/Mid-West. Because that's where I live. Killers of the Flower Moon took place only 2 hours from my home. While this book is in Virginia, it's still a very familiar habitat for me. Warm, humid, hardworking Southerners. I can't wait to get into the meat of this tale.