1225 Initiates
50 The Order
livingangel84

Mallory Kellogg, Chubbygirlreads

"The only important thing in a book is the meaning that it has for you."

Reading progress update: I've read 83 out of 244 pages.

The Night Lives On - Walter Lord

"...The Board of Trade regulations required her to carry boats for only 962 persons, but the White Star Line liked little flourishes and threw in space for an extra 216. In a "worst case" situation the Titanic might lawfully have gone to sea with lifeboats for only 27% of her passengers and crew."

I am always dumbfounded that there was a time before "a boat for every butt". I even read earlier that one of the First Class survivors was offended more of the lower class survived because they took up space in "First Class lifeboats" and more gentry should have lived. It was honestly beyond their realm of understanding that lifeboats were for everybody, and every single passenger deserved to live.