1197 Initiates
49 The Order
livingangel84

Mallory Kellogg, Chubbygirlreads

"The only important thing in a book is the meaning that it has for you."

A Million Junes
American Fire: Love, Arson, and Life in a Vanishing Land
Monica Hesse

Review: Eligible

Eligible: A modern retelling of Pride and Prejudice - Curtis Sittenfeld

Finally, a P&P retelling that doesn't suck. I am always leery of popular fiction because it tends to be overhyped or so cheesy I can't stomach it. But this really pleased me. I don't hand out 5 stars freely.

The characters were so like their original selves, but modernized and even more believable. Mrs. Bennet was just as, if not even more, infuriating than previously. Now she's also racist and hates LGBT people. Lydia is vulgar beyond belief, like she has never even heard of manners. Liz is her usual smart, observant self. They were all well written, with very real modern problems. From transgendered people to invetro-fertilization to just being an adult, this book had it all. I loved it.

And if you know me, you know I am very picky and hard to please with popular books. So pick this up and read it.