1225 Initiates
50 The Order
livingangel84

Mallory Kellogg, Chubbygirlreads

"The only important thing in a book is the meaning that it has for you."

Reading progress update: I've read 68 out of 256 pages.

Troublemaker: Surviving Hollywood and Scientology - Rebecca Paley, Leah Remini

Most of you know I am a Christian. Technically a Chris-Wiccan. I was raised by hardcore Baptist parents. But even so, I never experienced this sort of indoctrination. When I was a kid in church, we sang "Father Abraham" and colored Bible pictures. We certainly weren't expected to work a real job or yelled at if we stepped out of line. As an adult, I now have a deep disdain for anything that involves brainwashing children. I think kids should get to make their own decisions about what they believe. I give my son my opinion and try to guide him but I certainly don't force anything religious on him.

And don't even get me started on how Scientology doesn't like modern education. Are they serious?