1157 Initiates
49 The Order
livingangel84

Mallory Kellogg, Chubbygirlreads

"The only important thing in a book is the meaning that it has for you."

It
Stephen King
Progress: 219/1138 pages
The Fires Beneath the Sea
Lydia Millet
Progress: 2 %

Reading? Nah.

Man, what is up with me these past couple of months? I just haven't had much urge to read. But it's not like I haven't stayed busy. Trust me, I have.

What have I been doing? Let's see.

Designed my new tattoos. The cat is a best friend tat to match my bestie's. The dragon and koi is to be the start of my right sleeve.

I took Garfield to the vet because he lost so much weight.

Turns out he's fine. He's just old.

I had several lunch dates with a very handsome young man.

That WAS a burrito when I ordered it. lol

I painted my island to match my upper cabinets. And I added plexiglass to make a kick shield.

I pulled down the massive, head-injuring cabinet in my son's small bathroom. I always cracked my head on it. So I got it down, patched the wall, painted and them mounted some cute baskets. I painted the basket interiors so they matched the rest of the bathroom.

And then I adopted this cat:

She is a one-eared black kitty my son has claimed as his own and named Fluffers. She is super sweet and shy.

I have also done a crap-ton of other things, like deep cleaning and organizing. Been buying Christmas presents a little at a time, dealing with getting my son to doctors' appointments and trying to catch some sleep. Helping my bestie from her apartment to their first house.

She has a garden, and there's an okra plant. She hates okra. I love it pickled. Look at the size of those damn things.....and I forgot I had her conure on my shoulder. His name is Sterling. He loves to attack my lip ring, FYI.

I'm also going through something health-wise. Turns out I have hypertension. Which explains why I feel to bad most of the time. It's bordering on dangerously high. I see the doctor on Friday, and I have been logging my blood pressure at least twice a day. The numbers are never good.

But the hypertension leads me to something that will change my life for the better once I get it approved. I will be eligible for the Lap Band surgery. Tricare will actually cover the procedure once I am officially diagnosed with hypertension. Who knew I would be happy to have high BP?

Anyway, that's about it. I'm always busy. Or I'm so damn tired and sick I just sit in a coma and stare at the TV. I discovered I can watch Steve Wilkos on YouTube. lol God, I'm already feeling like crap and I haven't even done anything really.