1160 Initiates
49 The Order
livingangel84

Mallory Kellogg, Chubbygirlreads

"The only important thing in a book is the meaning that it has for you."

It
Stephen King
Progress: 219/1138 pages
The Fires Beneath the Sea
Lydia Millet
Progress: 2 %

Reading progress update: I've read 55 out of 221 pages.

A Lion Called Christian: The True Story of the Remarkable Bond Between Two Friends and a Lion - Anthony Bourke, John Rendall, George Adamson

All I can say is thank God for the Endangered Species Act. While these guys have done everything possible to give Christian a healthy life and plenty of room, a lot of people just want to notoriety of owning something exotic. Like that guy that had a tiger in his apartment in New York.

This story makes me think heavily of bunnies at Easter. You'll notice around Easter time, the bunnies at Petco/Petsmart suddenly vanish. You may find the cages at the very back of the store near the dog food, where they can be well hidden. Why is that? So stupid people don't go buying a poor animal when they have no idea what the Hell they're doing. My mom says they also used to sell baby chicks at Easter, too, but that became outlawed because they died within hours/days of being brought home.

Poor animals.

I'm enjoying this immensely, but even I know owning a lion in London isn't ideal. I always wanted a tiger, but c'mon. I know better.